Thursday, February 9, 2012

Process

It was a lot of hard work creating all of the balls again and again to make them consistent. I've never drawn a bouncing ball cycle before but that's what made it more difficult. I went to the Ringling Art Store to buy some animation paper and templates for my squash and stretch. I also needed to hole punch all of the paper and go through multiple roughs for how I wanted the ball to squish and the timing of the bounces. I've been coming to the animation lab for multiple days now just to get what I wanted with the cycles being correct and having enough frames to measure up to what I wanted.



I've been tracing the sketches before I create them sometimes and used resource material from the internet to sometimes know how each ball moves differently. I've also talked with Mr. Ed Cheetham and he talked with me on how the process goes and gave me interesting ideas on how to make it believable. His advice really helped and made it easier to understand what my ball bounce needed. 


The final element I added was sound since I wanted to make the animations more interesting and more unique.
I wanted to have a little fun with the animation and this project was kind of fun but it cost a LOT of time and 
even MORE paper to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment